There are several types of carpet cleaning methods commonly used by professional carpet cleaners. Primary methods include:
1. Steam Cleaning or Hot Water Extraction: These methods involve using heated water mixed with cleaning detergents and injecting it into the carpet fibres. The carpet is sometimes agitated to loosen dirt, and vacuumed to extract the water, loosened dirt and cleaning solution. Hot water extraction is effective for deep cleaning and removing embedded dirt and allergens however it often leaves more moisture/residue and typically takes longer to dry. True steam cleaning is rarely used due to the extreme heat and potential effects on carpet fibres and is often a misnomer in place of hot water extraction as a descriptor even in brand-name providers.
2. Low Moisture / Dry Cleaning: Low moisture cleaning methods (not to be confused with chemical dry cleaning) typically use heavy-duty vacuums and our all-natural, citrus-based cleaning solution along with an additional agitation step to obtain a more aggressive cleaning that leaves your carpet dry in just one hour. The exclusive cleaning solution loosens the last bit of stubborn and bonded debris from the carpet fibres and is absorbed by agitation and drying pads to reduce residue, excess moisture, and mold.
3. Bonnet Cleaning: Bonnet cleaning is a surface cleaning method that involves using a rotary machine with an attached cleaning “bonnet”. The bonnet spins on the carpet surface, agitating and absorbing dirt and stains. This method is often used for routine maintenance or to remove surface-level dirt and stains and may leave more moisture and residue than other low-moisture methods.
4. Encapsulation Cleaning: In encapsulation cleaning, a specialized cleaning solution is applied to the carpet, which forms tiny crystals around the dirt particles. The crystals are then vacuumed or brushed away, leaving the carpet clean. This method is known for its quick drying time and is often used in commercial settings.
5. Shampooing: Shampooing involves applying a foamy shampoo to the carpet and agitating it to create a lather. Dirt and stains are then extracted using a wet vacuum or rinsed away with water. Shampooing was a popular method in years past but is less commonly used today due to more advanced cleaning techniques.
It’s important to note that the suitability of each method depends on factors such as the carpet type, level of soiling, and specific cleaning requirements. Heaven’s Best uses low moisture cleaning for a variety of reasons including fast dry times, eco-friendliness, minimal residue and the ability to address tough stains.
If you are looking to hire a professional carpet cleaning company, do reach out to Heaven’s Best Carpet Cleaning in McKinney, TX. To book your appointment call us at 469-216-2462.